|Shopping cart is empty.|
Call us with any questions:
9 am to 9 pm Mountain Time 1.800.581.2060
Compact Style Detail
No matter which style of SPIKES-SPIDER kit you choose, they all utilize basically the same steel hub system and are manufactured from the same superior materials by the Swiss.
The "Compact" style is the newest style of SPIKES-SPIDER®:
- Has eight or nine (depending on the size) traction arms. Each arm has tungsten carbide studs embedded in the traction surface.
- The traction arms can be moved slightly to avoid the ground to put them on quickly and easily, once the steel hubs have been installed on two drive wheels.
- The arms fold down or can easily be removed from the center holding ring for storage, so they do not take up as much room in your vehicle as the Quick style.
- The Compact style traction ovals, that go around the tire have some adjustment-for adjustment ranges see the tables, Spider Sizes vs. Tire Sizes. Each size Compact style has a Small "S" and Large "L" adjustment using a cam that is easy to turn.
- Appropriate for use on ice and snow up to 5"-6" in depth.
- Appropriate for use on moderate grades and slopes.
- Want more information on the Compact style?
Like the Quick, Sport and Alpine Pro, the Compact traction arms do not extend to the back portion of the tire, so they do not cause clearance problems on vehicles. They cover one-third to one-half of the outside surface of the tire tread, giving great coverage and traction.
All styles; Quick, Compact, Sport and Alpine Pro traction devices are equally easy to remove after use.